I'm back! Despite only being abroad for 4 days, other everyday chaos means that I have had more than a week-long vacation from Breathe.
We had an absolutely lovely time soaking up the sun and getting some much needed r&r in Barcelona. Here is a peek at what we got up to:
- We arrived the
hotel Barceló S
ants which was absolutely amazing and I would recommend it to anyone. It had a futuristic theme and the most comfortable bed that I have ever had the pleasure of sleeping on.
- We enjoyed some drinks and snacks before we even made it as far as our room. Hello Mojito!
- We strolled for about an hour to seek out this beautiful spot.
We spotted this unusual rooftop from the distance and decided it would be our aim for the evening to find it.
This stunning building which is the National Art Museum of Catalonia.
- Behind the Museum we found the Olympic grounds.
- We watched the sunset over the city from the top of the Montjuic hill.
- We visited La Pedrera.
- We admired the Casa Batllo, another unusual building designed by Antoni Gaudi.
- After a small spot of shopping at Muji and Tous jewellers, we chilled by the lovely fountains before lunch.
- I lusted after one of my favourite stalls at La Boqueria market.
- We enjoyed the hustle and bustle of La Rambla before exploring the pretty alleys and streets that surround it in the Gothic Quarter.
- We spent evening by the harbour, lazing in the sun and slurping Frappucinos.
- We headed straight to La Sagrada Familia;the most breath taking building I have ever seen.
- I hope that I can head back to Barcelona in 2030 to see this phenomenal piece of architecture no longer surrounded my cranes and scaffolding.
- We enjoyed our first taste of Spanish paella.
- I made a new friend at the Park Guell.
- I discovered Happy Pills where I created my own sweety prescription of 'Pink Skies for Grey Days'.
- We devoured some delicious tapas and sangria at Piscolabis where your taste buds can also enjoy the likes of Winnie-the-Pooh pasta and Hello Kitty pancakes.
- After checking out of the hotel, we took the metro to the beach to soak up our last bit of Barcelona sunshine.
- We sipped cocktails at Foc bar.
- We walked along the coast in the warm sand and lapping waves (which worked as a great exfoliator let me tell you!)
- We admired the bright blue ocean.
- I said adios to the palm trees.
- We grabbed our last bite to eat at Woki Wok where we chose exactly what we wanted in our boxes and it was stir-fried for us in under 5 minutes!
I had such a lovely break and took far too many pictures which I can't wait to put into my new Muji album!
Have you ever been to Barcelona? What were your favourite things to see and do there?